Monday, October 24, 2011

Catrice nail polish "Miss Piggy Reloaded"

Hi there girlies :)
 So my mum is back in the UK and calm has been restored to our home, haha.
Bless her, she loved being here in Portugal with this warm weather and made a point of going to the beach every single day. She had become so obsessed with it now that she's living in the UK. I try to understand her, but I am so so fed up with the heat! Thankfully the weather changed this weekend and we had torrential rain and gailforce winds. Hmmm, it's so great staying indoors and cuddle up in my blanket watching tv... You're probably thinking I'm crazy to actually want cold weather and rain, but trust me, we really need it by now! 

Anyway, I discovered another cheap and cheerful brand of makeup - Catrice - and I'm becoming obsessed with their products, especially their nail polishes! I love their colours and the names are so brilliant! I got a lovely pink which I'm wearing right now and will show you the swatches, it's called "Miss Piggy Reloaded"!


It's such a cute bubblegum pink and the most amazing thing about it is that it has really tiny subtle bits of glitter that you can only really see in certain lighting or when direct sunlight hits it. I love it.

As you can see my mani is far from perfect at the moment, it was done yesterday and has suffered a bit of battering since, and also I'm experiencing some trouble with bubbling of the nail polish. I don't think it's anything to do with the formula itself, it's to do with the drying process of the polish, and I think the problem would be solved if I had a good drying top coat like seche vite. I've always loved MavaDry by Mavala, but it's quite expensive so I've kind of gone without it lately.

Here you can see the subtle glitter.. Lovely!

Thanks for reading! x

2 comments:

  1. I love that colour it's gorgeous!

    My boyfriend is the same coming from the Caribbean, loving the cold and getting fed up of all the heat. I find it completely mad :D xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh I love the nail varnish colour, I love how you have managed to photograph the glitter to it as well - super cute!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!♥